The Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development (APFSD) is an annual and inclusive intergovernmental forum and a regional platform for supporting countries, in particular thosewith special needs, in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The Forum provides a regional perspective on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda by identifying regional trends and consolidating and sharing best practices and lessons learned. The Forum takes into consideration the contributions of United Nations system bodies (at the regional level), other regional and sub regional organizations, and relevant stakeholders. The APFSD also supports follow-up and review of progress on the 2030 Agenda at the regional level.
The theme of the 7th APFSD is “Accelerating action for and delivery of the 2030 Agenda in Asia and the Pacific”. It will be organized on 20 May 2020 at the United Nations Conference Center (UNCC) in Bangkok, Thailand.
It will be preceded by various events, including the “People’s Forum” and the Youth Forum as preparatory events.
Guide to Participation
Subregional preparatory meetings for the APFSD
- North and Central Asia Forum on Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, 21-22 August 2019, Issky-Kul, Kyrgyzstan
- South East Asia Forum on Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, 3-4 October 2019, Bangkok, Thailand
- East and North-East Asia Multi-stakeholder Forum on Sustainable Development Goals, 15-16 October 2019, Vladivostok, Russian Federation
- Pacific Forum on Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, 21-25 October 2019, Samoa
- South and South West Asia Forum on Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, 8-9 December 2019 , Dhaka, Bangladsh