The Committee on Energy addresses the following issues:
- Assist in the development of strategies towards attaining internationally agreed development goals concerning energy;
- Promote policy dialogues and networking among member States to develop a regional cooperation framework to enhance energy security, with a view towards promoting greater use of sustainable energy resources, including universal access to energy services, improving energy efficiency and scaling up the use of renewable energy, particularly through data and policy analysis, information exchanges and best practices;
- Identify policy options to strengthen intergovernmental frameworks to promote regional energy connectivity in order to develop a supportive mechanism for regional economic cooperation and integration;
- Support the implementation of the Asian and Pacific Energy Forum and other regional agreements and mandates including the evolving post-2015 development agenda, promoted by the Commission for regional cooperation for enhanced energy security and the sustainable use of energy;
- Identify policy options, strategies, policy dialogues and knowledge platforms to promote access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all including renewable energy, energy efficiency, and advanced and cleaner fossil fuel technologies; and
- Identify policies and strategies to promote investment in energy infrastructure and clean energy technologies.