ESCAP has the following five regional institutions:
The regional institutions support the substantive divisions of ESCAP in their programming goals. Each regional institute has a governing council. Governing councils are responsible for reviewing the institutes’ administration and financial status; implementation of programme of work; advising the institute directors on the formulation of the programme of work.
- APCICT: Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development (Incheon City, Korea)
- APCTT: Asian and Pacific Centre for Transfer of Technology (New Delhi, India)
- APDIM: Asian and Pacific Centre for the Development of Disaster Information Management (Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran)
- SIAP: Statistical Institute for Asia and the Pacific (Makuhari, Chiba Prefecture, Japan)
- CSAM: Centre for Sustainable Agricultural Mechanization (Beijing, China).