North-East Asia Development Cooperation Forum 2020
Experience and Challenges of North-East Asian Countries on Development Cooperation in the face of the COVID19 pandemic
9:00-11:00 (Moscow) / 14:00-16:00 (Beijing) / 15:00-17:00 (Seoul / Tokyo)
The 7th North-East Asia Development Cooperation Forum will discuss experience and challenges of North-East Asian Countries on development cooperation in the face of the COVID19 pandemic.
North-East Asia holds key players of development cooperation, i.e., China, Japan, Republic of Korea and Russian Federation, while they also struggle with the responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. Thus the Forum 2020 will discuss subregional perspective of development cooperation in supporting other developing countries to overcome the impact of the pandemic. It will highlight the current and future landscape of development cooperation of North-East Asia in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, assessing impact of COVID-19 in developing countries, and subregional cooperation to counter COVID-19.
The Forum is continuous partnership effort among ESCAP East and North-East Asia Office, China International Development Research Network (CIDRN), Japan Society for International Development (JASID), Korea Association of International Development and Cooperation (KAIDEC) and Russian Association of International Development Assistance Experts (RAIDAE).
The first North-East Asia Development Cooperation Forum was held in November 2014 in Seoul in collaboration with KAIDEC. Since then the partners have taken turns in co-hosting the Forums.
• The second Forum (2015) in Tokyo, co-hosted by JASID and JICA Research Institute,
• The third Forum (2016) in Suzhou, China, co-hosted by CIDRN and Department of International Cooperation of Development Research Center (DRC) of State Council of China,
• The fourth Forum (2017) in Moscow, co-hosted by Russian Association of International Development Assistance Experts (RAIDAE) and the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration,
• The fifth Forum (2018) in Seoul, co-hosted by KAIDEC, and
• The sixth Forum (2019) in Tokyo, co-hosted by JASID and JICA Research Institute.