North-East Asia is home to key players in development cooperation (i.e., China, Japan, Republic of Korea and Russian Federation). The 9th North-East Asia Development Cooperation Forum will exchange insights, share experiences and discuss challenges on agile and risk-informed development cooperation towards achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The Forum is a partnership effort among ESCAP East and North-East Asia Office, China International Development Research Network (CIDRN), Japan Society for International Development (JASID), Korea Association of International Development and Cooperation (KAIDEC) and Russian Association of International Development Assistance Experts (RAIDAE).
- The first North-East Asia Development Cooperation Forum, held in November 2014 in Seoul, was organized in collaboration with KAIDEC. Since then, partners have taken turns in co-hosting the Forums.
- The second Forum (Tokyo, 2015) co-hosted by JASID and JICA Research Institute.
- The third Forum (Suzhou, China, 2016) co-hosted by CIDRN and Department of International Cooperation of Development Research Center (DRC) of State Council of China>
- The fourth Forum (Moscow, 2017) co-hosted by RAIDAE and the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- The fifth Forum (Seoul, 2018) co-hosted by KAIDEC.
- The sixth Forum (Tokyo, 2019) co-hosted by JASID and JICA Research Institute.
- The seventh Forum (2020) and the eighth Forum (2021) were held virtually.