The third meeting of the Regional Steering Group on Population and Social Statistics (RSG-PSS) was held virtually from 7 to 8 September 2021.
Two years after its second meeting, the RSG-PSS is convened to review the progress of work, its structure, functioning, and means of implementation and to decide on the way forward.
The main objectives of the meeting were to:
- Review the progress of the Regional Strategy and decide on future priority areas and activities, including the implications of the COVID-19 pandemic and its aftermath;
- Revisit the Terms of Reference for the RSG-PSS;
- Identify opportunities for knowledge and experience sharing through existing platforms (e.g. Stats Café Series and Data Integration Community of Practice);
- Identify existing initiatives and tools by development partners that may support the implementation of the Regional Strategy.
- Meeting report
- Draft revised RSG-PSS Terms of reference (This draft will be submitted to the Committee on Statistics at its eight session in August 2022; the revisions shall be subject to approval by the Committee on Statistics.)
- Concept note
- Snapshot of the Regional Strategy to Improve Population and Social Statistics in Asia and the Pacific
- List of participants
- Group photo