This workshop aims at building the capacity of government officials on implementing trade facilitation and paperless trade initiatives and enabling them to more effectively support or participate in the work of National Committees on Trade Facilitation or related inter-agency bodies. The workshop will present an update on the state of implementation of key trade facilitation and paperless trade measures in the region. Many key measures and instruments on trade facilitation will be introduced, including the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement and the new Framework Agreement on the Facilitation of Cross-Border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific. On practical implementation, participants will also learn how to conduct a Business Process Analysis (BPA) project to simplify trade procedures and learn about emerging topics on trade facilitation in the context of logistics management, gender specific dimensions of trade facilitation and e-commerce technical issues.
- Session 1-2: Trade Facilitation for Sustainable Development in Asia and the Pacific_Mr. Yann Duval
- Session 3: Establishing and Operating National Trade Facilitation Committees_Ms. Pamela Ugaz
- Session 4: Group work for preparation of national reports and Group presentations_Mr. Rajan Ratna
- Session 5: E-commerce and trade Facilitation in Regional Trade Agreements_Mr. Rajan Ratna
- Session 6 (a): Unlocking Seamless Trade Facilitation Using Strategic Logistics_Mr. Ruth Banomyong
- Session 6 (b): Connecting to Compete - The 2018 Logistics Performance Index (LPI)_World Bank
- Session 7-8: Thailand National Single Window and ASEAN Single Window_Thai Customs Dept.
- Session 10: Single Window (SW) and Paperless Trade Implementation_Mr. Somnuk Keretho
- Session 11: Digital Trade Facilitation: The Role of Emerging Technologies_Mr. Shantanu Godbole
- Session 12 (a): Trade Facilitation Measures for Landlocked Countries_Mr. Prabir De
- Session 12 (b): ESCAP Initiatives for Trade and Transport Facilitation in Landlocked Developing Countries_Mr. Sandeep Jain
- Session 13: AEO Programme and WCO Instruments for Trade Facilitation_Mr. Hong-Young JO
- Session 15: Practical Strategies and Measures in incorporating Gender Dimension in Trade Facilitation_Ms. Yumiko Yamamoto