The 2030 Agenda and the SDGs embody the strategic vision and aspirations of all countries for the future of development and its implementation will require comprehensive actions at the global, regional and sub-regional levels, as indicated in General Assembly Resolution 70/1 on Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The “2nd South-East Asia Forum on Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals” provides a unique opportunity to share perspectives on “Empowering people and ensuring inclusiveness and equality,” the theme of the next session of the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) 2019 and the Sixth Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development (APFSD).
The forum will also provide an opportunity to discuss how the South-East Asia sub-region can cooperate to assess progress on the cluster of goals that will be reviewed by the HLPF in 2019, i.e. SDG 4 on Education, SDG 8 on Economic Growth, SDG 10 on Inequality, SDG 13 on Climate Action, SDG 16 on Peace and Justice and SDG 17 on the means of implementation and partnerships for development.
For information of the 2017 forum, please visit https://www.unescap.org/events/south-east-asia-forum-implementation-sust...
Civil society organizations are invited to apply to attend the meeting by clicking here: https://goo.gl/vvZy7p
- Session 1: FollowUp & Review
- Session 2: Voluntary National Reviews
- Session 3: CaseStudy AsiaDHRRA Disaster farmers
- Session 3: CaseStudy DHRRA MALAYSIA Statelessness
- Session 3: Review of goals and HLPF theme 2019
- Session 4: Assessing integration and policy coherence accross the SDGs
- Session 4: FollowUp & Review-roundtables
- Session 4: Volunteering for the SDGs
- Closing: Next steps