Second Session of the Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway (AP-IS) Steering Committee and WSIS regional review
The 73rd session of the ESCAP Commission in May 2017 adopted resolution 73/6 on the implementation of the Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway (AP-IS) through regional cooperation. The resolution invited members and associate members to cooperate in the implementation of the Master Plan for the Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway and the Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway Regional Cooperation Framework Document as endorsed by the Committee on Information and Communications Technology, Science, Technology and Innovation at its first session . It also invited members and associate members to promote broad-based partnerships, including North-South, South-South and triangular cooperation and highlighting the importance of such partnerships, for the implementation of the Master Plan and the Regional Cooperation Framework Document.
Following the adoption of resolution 73/6, the first session of the Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway Steering Committee was held in Dhaka, Bangladesh, on 1-2 November 2017. The meeting established the modality of monitoring, coordination and advisory functions of the Steering Committee. The participants also identified challenges and opportunities on promoting national and cross-border broadband connectivity in line with the AP-IS strategic initiatives and discussed the elements of subregional implementation plans. The Steering Committee also agreed to review the status of AP-IS implementation at the end of the current implementation year (2018), and discuss the update to the Master Plan and Regional Cooperation Framework Document for the next 4 years.
- Master Plan for the Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway.pdf
- Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway Regional Cooperation Framework Document.pdf
- AP-IS Resolution 73-6_0.pdf
- 1st AP-IS Steering Committee Meeting Report.pdf
- e-Resilience A Review of National Broadband Policies, Regulations, Strategies and Initiatives of China, Japan and the Republic of Korea.pdf
- Broadband Connectivity in Pacific Island Countries.pdf
- Report of the 1st CICTSTI.pdf