National Workshop on Gender Policy-Data Integration in the context of women’s economic empowerment issues in the Philippines
The National Workshop was organized by UNESCAP in collaboration with the Philippine Statistics Authority, the Philippine Commission on Women and the National Economic and Development Authority. It was a follow-up to the regional Inception Workshop held in Bangkok in April 2018 and in support of national activities to be undertaken by the Philippines under the UNESCAP Gender Policy-Data Integration Initiative (April 2018 – March 2019), which aims to strengthen data and statistics in the ESCAP region for evidence-based policies and programmes on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
The Workshop programme was designed around hands-on application of (1) the generic Policy-Data Integration Tool (EPIC) that facilitates the identification of information and data needs through policy content analysis for strengthening the responsiveness of national statistical systems to policy demands; and (2) the draft template for progress assessment on women’s economic empowerment issues. Key national stakeholders from a range of national agencies and departments relevant for women’s economic empowerment in the Philippines participated in the Workshop.
The Workshop and the subsequent national activities are expected to result in the development of a country report based on the results of applying the Policy-Data Integration tool (EPIC) on the Magna Carta of Women, including the identification of a preliminary national indicator set on women’s economic empowerment; and an analytical report on progress assessment/gender analysis on a selected women’s economic empowerment issue.
Download group photo: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uMl0YR2Y4MrpgBbl0d7q3_ACHtOTYA5S...
- Strengthening data and statistics for evidence-based policies and programmes to achieve gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Session 1: Setting the scene – Connecting policies and data in the context of Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE)
- Session 1: Overview of the Philippines’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Implementation and Commitment to WEE
- Session 1: National Policy and Monitoring Frameworks related to WEE
- Session 1: Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Session 1: Policy-Data Integration
- Session 2: Experience, lessons learned and outcomes of pre-workshop application of the EPIC tool by the Philippines
- Session 2: Experimenting EPIC
- Session 4: Steps,considerations & approaches in planning for development of a data-driven analytical report/publication on WEE
- Session 4: Outline for the Progress Assessment Report regarding selected WEE issues
- Session 4: Assessing progress in achieving WEE-related goals/targets