The "Monitoring and Achieving Disaster-related SDG Targets: Pilot Training on Disaster-related Statistics" is the part of ESCAP’s activities to address the needs expressed by the Expert Group on Disaster-related Statistics in Asia and the Pacific (it comprises of experts from national statistical offices and national disaster management agencies as well as relevant international agencies). The aim of this Pilot Training was to test standardized training materials that were developed based on the Disaster-Related Statistics Framework (DRSF).
- To strengthen capacity for compilation of disaster-related statistics for monitoring the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction and national disaster risk reduction policies; and
- To test and assess the effectiveness of the newly developed training materials.
- Increased understanding and knowledge by participants to compile internationally comparable disaster-related statistics and indicators; and
- Substantive suggestions and recommendations by training experts and participants for improving the training materials.
- Day1: Sendai Framework Monitor: Online Training & E-Learning (UNDRR)
- Day1: One Disaster Data – Indonesia disaster-related statistical framework (BNPB)
- Day1: DRSF introduction (ESCAP)
- Day1: Overview of DRSF (ESCAP)
- Day1: Sendai Framework for DRR - Indicators and Monitoring: The Online Monitor and Resources (UNDRR)
- Day1: Building Disaster Database in Indonesia
- Day1: Collection and analyses of statistics in the Disaster Risk Management Cycle during and after a disaster (ESCAP)
- Day2: Impacts: Costs of Disasters (ESCAP)
- Day2: DRSF Basic Steps for Implementation (ESCAP)
- Day2: DRSF summary statistics tables (ESCAP)
- Day2: Disaster Risk Reduction Activities (ESCAP)
- Day2: Exercise – Economic loss
- Day3: Statistics for Risk Assessment (ESCAP)
- Day3: Risk Measurement Exercise
- Day3: Way Forward