The Committee on Environment and Development is one of the eight committees comprising the subsidiary structure of the Commission, and is responsible for guiding the work of the Commission on environment and development issues, including: (a) integration of environmental sustainability into development policies, (b) policies and strategies for the use of sustainable planning and use of water resources, (c) regional cooperation for enhanced energy security and the sustainable use of energy, and (d) policies and strategies for promoting inclusive and sustainable urban development. The Committee held its second session in Bangkok, from 2-4 December 2009.
- REVIEW OF THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROGRAMME OF WORK FOR 2008-2009 AND HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROPOSED PROGRAMME OF WORK FOR 2010-2011 Note by the secretariat
- INTEGRATION OF ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY IN DEVELOPMENT POLICY Note by the secretariat
- TRENDS AND PROGRESS IN THE FIELD OF ENVIRONMENT AND DEVELOPMENT: ENHANCED ACCESS TO SERVICES TOWARDS SOCIALLY INCLUSIVE AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT: WATER, SANITATION, ENERGY, TRANSPORT AND HOUSING
- PROGRAMME PLANNING AND MONITORING: REVIEW OF THE DRAFT STRATEGIC FRAMEWORK FOR 2012-2013
- REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON ENVIRONMENT AND DEVELOPMENT ON ITS FIRST SESSION