The Committee on Statistics, Sixth Session within the theme “Navigating Policy with Data to Leave No One Behind” was held at the United Nations Conference Centre in Bangkok from 16 to 19 October 2018.
This unique high-level session of the Committee came at a critical time as the world recognizes the importance of timely and reliable data for robust evidence in policy decision-making. At the session, prominent decision-makers were, together with leaders of National Statistical Systems in Asia and the Pacific, identified transformative, collective actions to navigate policy and data to leave no one behind.
The Committee session comprised two segments:
- A senior officials segment from 16 to 18 October 2018 and
- A high-level segment on 19 October 2018.
- List of participants
- Guidebook for Committee on Statistics Members
- Download group photo
- Panel discussion on agenda item 4: Regional statistics development governance (SPC)
- Panel discussion on agenda item 4: 2018 PRESS : Funding Statistical Development in Asia-Pacific region (Paris 21)
Following the meeting delegations attended filled out questionnaires regarding the session. A summary of the results is available for download.