The Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) East and Northeast Asia Office will co-host a webinar on “Managing COVID-19 Pandemic – Experiences & Best Practices of China, Japan and the Republic of Korea.”
After the outbreak of COVID-19, China, Japan and the Republic of Korea have adopted different approaches to contain the virus according to the local context. They have effectively curbed further widespread infection and taken measures to ensure a safe and smart return to daily life. Experts working in the frontline will share at the webinar their first-hand experiences, measures taken to counter the virus and lessons learnt, which could contribute to future preparations in other countries and offer a way forward to build resilience against similar pandemics.
Members of the media and public are invited to participate via the webcast on https://www.youtube.com/unescap.
“Managing COVID-19 Pandemic – Experiences & Best Practices of China, Japan and the Republic of Korea” webinar
When: 2 July 2020, Thursday, 15:00-16:30 (Tokyo time GMT+9)
• Dr. Zunyou Wu, Chief epidemiologist, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention
• Dr. Hitoshi Oshitani, Professor, Tohoku University, Member of Japanese government advisory panel on COVID-19
• Dr. Hyukmin Lee, Professor, Yonsei University, Member of Infectious Disease Control Committee of Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• Dr. Takeshi Kasai, Regional Director of World Health Organization, Regional Office for Western Pacific (WHO-WPRO)
• Mr. Hisashi Michigami, Secretary-General of Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS)
• Mr. Ganbold Baasanjav, Head of ESCAP East and North-East Asia Office
Kindly register and/or send advance questions for the panel to https://bit.ly/ESCAPTCSWebinar
For media enquiries, please contact:
Mr. Wai Kit Si-Tou, Associate Social Affairs Officer
ESCAP East and North-East Asia Office
T: +82-32-458-6607 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org