Top executives, investors, tech entrepreneurs, business leaders and representatives from governments from around the region are gathering next week at the Asia-Pacific Business Forum 2023 (APBF 2023) in Hong Kong, China, to amplify the call on the private sector to accelerate transformation to greener business practices.
Co-organized by the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), the ESCAP Sustainable Business Network (ESBN) and the Hong Kong Environment and Ecology Bureau, the Forum will rally support for green actions across business sectors, including finance, digital platforms, logistics and infrastructure, innovation and tech entrepreneurships.
Under the theme “An Asia-Pacific Green Deal for Business: Driving the Green Transformation,” the regional public-private forum will highlight the role of the private sector in scaling up climate action and the contribution from micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) to accelerate the race to achieve net zero before 2030.
The Green Deal for Business was launched by the ESBN in 2022, aiming to harness transformational opportunities of a new green economy through a zero carbon, public-private finance approach to business practices.
NOTE TO EDITOR: Members of the media are invited to attend in-person or via the online webcast.
What: Asia-Pacific Business Forum 2023
When: Date 22 – 23 November 2023
Where: Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, Hong Kong, Special Administrative Region, China
In-person accreditation: Registration
Watch online: www.youtube.com/unescap
For the full programme: https://www.unescap.org/events/2023/asia-pacific-business-forum-2023
- Armida Salsiah Alisjahbana, United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Executive Secretary of ESCAP
- Paul Chan Mo-po, Finance Secretary of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- George Lam, Chair of ESBN and President of Hong Kong-ASEAN Economic Cooperation Foundation
- Shinta Widjaja Kamdani, Vice Chair of ESBN and Chief Executive Officer of Sintesa Group, Indonesia
- Marjorie Yang, Chair of ESBN Taskforce on Circular Economy and Chairman of Esquel Group, Hong Kong, China
- Patrick Healy, Chair of ESBN Task Force on Energy and Executive Director of Swire Pacific Limited, Hong Kong, China
- Jacob Kam, Chair of ESBN Task Force on Infrastructure and Logistics and Chief Executive Officer of MTR Corporation Limited, Hong Kong, China
- Adrian Cheng, Chair of ESBN Task Force on Innovation and Chief Executive Officer of New World Development Company Limited, Hong Kong, China
- Poman Lo, Co-Chair of ESBN Task Force on Finance and Vice Chairman and Managing Director of Regal Hotels International Holdings Limited, Hong Kong, China