The 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) embody the strategic vision and aspirations of all countries for the future of development and its implementation will require implementation action at the global, regional and subregional levels, as indicated in General Assembly Resolution 70/1 on Transforming our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The South Asia Forum on the Sustainable Development Goals (New Delhi, 4-5 October 2018) provides a unique opportunity to share perspectives on “Empowering people and ensuring inclusiveness and equality,” the theme of the next session of the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) 2019 and the Sixth Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development (APFSD).
The forum will also provide an opportunity to discuss how the South Asian subregion can cooperate to assess progress on the cluster of goals that will be reviewed by the HLPF in 2019, i.e. SDG 4 on Education, SDG 8 on Economic Growth, SDG 10 on Inequality, SDG 13 on Climate Change, SDG 16 on Peace and Justice and SDG 17 on the means of implementation and partnerships for development.
For information of the 2017 forum, please visit https://www.unescap.org/events/south-and-south-west-asia-forum-implement...
- Session_2_Nepal_ Implementation _of_ the_ SDGs_ in _Nepal_Status _and_Challenges
- Session_2_Sri Lanka_Sustainable_Development_Goals
- Session_5_Annie_Namala_ Reviewing_and _Redefining _Norms _and _Practices
- Session_5_Bishwa_Nath_Tiwari_ Review of goals and HLPF theme 2019_SSWA
- Session_5_Pradeep_Baisakh_ Faces _of _Inequality _Campaign
- Session_6_Sonam_Wangdi_ Sustainable_Development_Means _of_ Implementation_Bhutan
- Session_8_Samiuddin_Ahmed_ Volunteerism _and _the_ SDGs