Regional workshop of ‘Understanding data needs for inclusive development’
This workshop is a follow-up to the first meeting of RSG-PSS held on 28-31 August 2017 (http://www.unescap.org/events/first-meeting-regional-steering-group-popu...). It focused on advancing the first goal in the RSG-PSS work plan in enabling policy environment and understanding requirements for disaggregated statistics in supporting implementation of inclusive development policies.
The workshop reviewed the results of pilot studies applying existing assessment tools in selected policy areas; identify challenges and propose recommendations for developing a generic tool and guidelines to be used by NSOs to assess and prioritize needs for statistical information on sub-populations that support implementation of inclusive development programmes in different sectors.
For more information about the workshop design and objectives, refer to the concept note.
- Day1_1. Policy and Statistics_(Arman, ESCAP)
- Day1_2. Country presentation (Philippines)
- Day1_3. EquiFrame (Hasheem, Resource person)
- Day1_4.1. Poverty and gender equality policies (Gerel, Mongolia)
- Day1_4.2 Supplement_Core concepts, key questions and key language.
- Day1_4.3. Supplement_Challenges and solutions
- Day1_4.4. Supplement_Techniques/guideline to apply EquiFrame
- Day1_5.1. Disaster management policies (Gamini, Sri Lanka)
- Day1_5.2. Supplement_3D CC example on DM policy document
- Day 2_6. Ethnic minorities are counted (Denison, Malaysia)
- Day 2_7. Session2-Piloting (Arman, ESCAP)
- Day3_8. Panel discussion (Sairi Hasbullah)
- Day3_9. Panel discussion (Uchita de Zoysa)
- Day3_10. Way forward (Arman, ESCAP)