North-East Asian Multistakeholder Forum on Sustainable Development Goals 2020
Turning the pandemic crisis into collective SDG actions
ESCAP East and North-East Asia Office (ESCAP-ENEA) virtually organized the annual North-East Asia Multistakeholder Forum on SDGs on 3-4 November 2020. In the lead up to the Forum, pre-sessions were convened virtually on 27-29 October 2020 to facilitate in-depth discussions on the selected SDG themes.
The theme of the Subregional SDG Forum this year is “Turning the pandemic crisis into collective SDG actions”, aligned with the cluster of Sustainable Development Goals (1, 2, 3, 8, 10, 12, 13, 16 and 17) and the theme of the High-Level Political Forum (HLPF).
The Forum provided a unique opportunity to bring together stakeholders from the Governments of East and North-East Asia, academia, international community, and civil society. It was a venue to: (1) share experiences and key challenges and opportunities for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development for selected SDGs, while responding to the COVID-19 pandemic; and (2) provide subregional inputs and perspectives for regional and global forums, notably, Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development (APFSD) and High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF).
Recording of the Forum
(open in a new window)
(open in a new window)
- Session 1-1. Subregional overview of the COVID-19 impact-ESCAP
- Session 1-3. Japan’s efforts for achieving the SDGs
- Session 1-4. Implementation of the 2030 Agenda in Mongolia with the Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Session 1-5. ROK’s Progress in Implementation of SDGs
- Session 1-6. Russia’s progress in implementation of the 2030 Agenda in North-East Asia
- Session 2-2. 4th Industrial Revolution, COVID-19 and Digital Divide-ROK cases [English & Korean]
- Session 2-3. Solidarity against Disability Discrimination, ROK
- Session 3-2. Presentation on Pre-session 2
- Session 3-4. Reflection of the side event "COVID-19 and disability-inclusive SDGs"
- Session 4-1. How IT fight epidemic and reshape the whole world
- Session 4-2. GEPP leveraging on Public Private Partnership
- Session 5. The Statement of North East Asian Civil Society 2020 - Full text
- Session 5. The Statement of North East Asian Civil Society 2020 - Summary