The 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) embody the strategic vision and aspirations of all countries for the future of development and its implementation will require implementation action at the global, regional and subregional levels, as indicated in General Assembly Resolution 70/1 on Transforming our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The North and Central Asia Forum on Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (Tbilisi, 3-4 September 2018) provides a unique opportunity to share perspectives on “Empowering people and ensuring inclusiveness and equality,” the theme of the next session of the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF) 2019 and the Sixth Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development (APFSD).
The forum will also provide an opportunity to discuss how the North and Central Asia sub-region can cooperate to assess progress on the cluster of goals that will be reviewed by the HLPF in 2019, i.e. SDG 4 on Education, SDG 8 on Economic Growth, SDG 10 on Inequality, SDG 13 on Climate Change, SDG 16 on Peace and Justice and SDG 17 on the means of implementation and partnerships for development.
For information of the 2017 forum, please visit https://www.unescap.org/events/north-and-central-asia-forum-implementati...
Civil society organizations are invited to apply to attend the meeting by clicking here: https://goo.gl/vvZy7p
- Session 1 - (1) Fotiou - The 2030 Agenda Follow-up and Review Architecture.pdf
- Session 1 - (2) Panteleev - EAEU SDGs implementation at subregional level.pdf
- Session 1 - (3) Pochtarev - Fostering inclusive growth in the EEC.pdf
- Session 2 - (1) Huseynov - SDGs Azerbaijan.pdf
- Session 2 - (3) Kvernadze - SDGs Georgia.pdf
- Session 2 - (5) Roziqov - SDGs Tajikistan.pdf
- Session 3 - (1) Mamedov - Regional Environmental Program.pdf
- Session 3 - (2) Abazov - Education for Sustainable Development and Decent Work.pdf
- Session 3 - (4) Sabayeva - Volunteerism and the SDGs.pdf
- Session 4 - (1) Jacob - APFSD and HLPF 2019.pdf
- Session 4 - (2) Danielyan - Transition of Armenia to SDGs.pdf
- Session 4 - (3) Bayramov - Empowerment and inclusiveness_0.pdf
- Session 4 - (4) Asanova - ARGO Case.pdf
- Session 5 - Conclusion and way forward.pdf