Expert group meeting on “Navigating Non-Tariff Measures toward Sustainable Development”
The Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) is organizing an Expert Group Meeting from 11 to 12 July 2019, UNCC, Bangkok, Thailand. ESCAP’s research on Navigating NTMs toward Sustainable Development is the theme of Asia-Pacific Trade and Investment Report 2019. This meeting will provide opportunity for knowledge exchange and the discussion on emerging trends on the use of non-tariff measures in the region, their potential impacts on trade and investment, and good practices in the region. The results from ESCAP research and policy recommendations will also be presented. Views and comments from participants will be taken to improve the report, and to identify ways in which national policy actions and regional cooperation can be strengthened to help countries in the region dealing better with challenges coming from the proliferation of NTMs.
- Session 1: The Rise of Non-Tariff Measures: Why it matters for sustainable development?
- Session 1: [Discussant] Maria Semenova
- Session 1: [Discussant] Arun Jacob
- Session 2: NTMs and their relationships to international standards
- Session 3: Measuring the Development Impact of Non-Tariff in Asia and the Pacific (Alexey Kravchenko)
- Session 3: Measuring the Development Impact of Non-Tariff in Asia and the Pacific ( Heather Lynne Taylor-Strauss)
- Session 3: [Discussants] José Durán and Marcelo Dolabella
- Session 3: [Discussant] John Gilbert
- Session 4: Maximizing Benefits of NTMs for Sustainable Development
- Session 4: [Discussant] Javier Lopez Gonzalez
- Session 5: Emerging issues shaping NTM research frontier and policy implications (Ernawati Munadi)
- Session 5: Emerging issues shaping NTM research frontier and policy implications (Mary Elizabeth Chelliah)