Asia-Pacific Statistics Week 2020
Building on the highly successful Asia-Pacific Economic Statistics (APES) Week, UN ESCAP Statistics Division is organizing the 2020 Asia-Pacific Statistics Week. The event aims to extend the opportunity to participate to all members of the statistical community, be they economic statisticians, demographers, social statisticians or other areas of statistical expertise.
With the theme, “A decade of action for the 2030 Agenda: Statistics that leave no one and nowhere behind”, the Asia-Pacific Statistics Week focuses on the progress made towards a Collective Vision and Framework for Action endorsed by the ESCAP Committee on Statistics in December 2016. The Collective Vision calls for national statistical systems to be empowered to meet urgent and evolving statistical needs through strengthening statistical skills, modernization of statistical business processes, legal and institutional structures and relationship with users. To achieve this Collective Vision, the five action areas identified were:
- Action area A: Engaging users and investing in statistics
- Action area B: Assuring quality and instilling trust in statistics
- Action area C: Integrated statistics for integrated analysis
- Action area D: Modernizing statistical business processes
- Action area E: Having requisite skills set