The workshop targets applied researchers and analysts in academia, think tank institutions, and trade-related government agencies in the BIMSTEC region. Participants who want to strengthen their understanding of value chain analysis and/or may be involved in designing of policies related to these issues will find this course useful.
The learning objectives of the workshop are:
- to establish an appreciation of frameworks and methodologies to measure and analyse trade in value-added and trade policy to address the hyper-dependent economic environment
- to familiarise participants with sources of data and tools for analysing trade in value-added
- to build practical skills in using the data and tools in policy-oriented research and develop policy recommendations to promote a value chain for sustainable development
Structure of the workshop
The workshop includes live discussions and self-studying sessions. Participants will be required to watch video lectures, complete exercises, and bring results to discuss in live sessions with the workshop facilitator.
- Live discussions on 14 November (10:00 – 11:00 AM) and 2 December (09:30 – 11:00 AM) (UTC+7)
- Self-study sessions include five video modules, and each module contains a quiz. The participant must complete the module quiz before moving to the next modules. Depending on your familiarity with the topic, you may allocate about 1-2 hours for your time per module.
The course is based on material developed as part of the E-learning Course on Analysing Value Chains and Trade Flows. For more information about the e-learning course, please visit ESCAP E-learning course CLICK.
Getting a certificate
The online course also includes the possibility of obtaining the course certificate. Participants of the workshop will receive the certificate of course completion from the United Nations ESCAP if they achieve more than 65 per cent correct answers on each module QUIZ and participate in all workshop live sessions.
Access to the workshop
Please register at CLICK.
*The workshop focuses on BIMSTEC. Priority will be given to applicants from the following BIMSTEC countries;
5. Sri Lanka