The workshop will address the following issues:
- Most recent trends in FDI globally and in the Asia-Pacific region, including the rise of digital FDI;
- Impact of FDI in general and digital FDI in particular can have on sustainable development;
- The changing landscape and context for FDI: where are the opportunities?
- Introduction to Industry 4.0: what is it and what are the implications?
- How does Industry 4.0 relate to digital FDI? What is digital FDI and what kinds of strategies and tools can IPAs use to attract and promote it? Which ones are most important to investors?
- How will Industry 4.0 fundamentally change FDI – creating FDI 4.0?
- How to develop a roadmap for your country in terms of attracting FDI 4.0 in the future?
Participants will get the latest insights into FDI trends and changes in the global and regional context for FDI, learn more about Industry 4.0 and how this impacts the economy, sustainable development and FDI. Finally, the workshop participants will jointly develop a skeleton roadmap for FDI 4.0 for their country that can be further developed in detail outside of the workshop.