This workshop on the UN Electronic Communications Convention: a legal tool to promote cross-border electronic commerce is co-organized by United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) and the Electronic Transactions Development Agency, Thailand (ETDA). The workshop is also organized with the support of the United Nations Network of Experts for Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific (UNNExT). The objective of the workshop is to discuss how the UN Electronic Communications Convention can be used to promote cross-border electronic commerce in Asia and the Pacific.
- The incorporation of the substantive provisions of the UN ECC in Vietnam’s domestic law and evaluating the possibility of Vietnam acceding ECC by Ms. Nguyen Dieu Huong
- E-Commerce in Global Market & Lawmaking in China by Dr. Hong Xue
- Presentation on Thai National Perspectives by Mr. Thaweelap Rittapirom
- Presentation on Thai National Perspectives by Mr. Chavalit Uttasart
- Presentation on Thai National Perspectives by Mrs. Surangkana Wayuparb
- The United Nations Convention on the Use of Electronic Communications in International Contracts: Policy Goals by Mr. Luca Castellani, Secretary, UNCITRAL Working Group IV (Electronic Commerce)