The purpose of this workshop is to guide the relevant stakeholders within the ministries of agriculture and regulatory agencies from the Asia-Pacific region through the key considerations and assessments required for implementing e-SPS certification systems, particularly for phytosanitary certificates. Participants will receive training on the relevant standards and systems; business process optimization of SPS certificate issuance; conducting needs assessment and implementation of the paperless systems for e-SPS.
- Session 2: Models and technical solutions for automation of SPS procedures in developing countries
- Session 3: Optimizing the procedures for sanitary and phytosanitary certification
- Session 4: Conducting needs and feasibility assessments for automation of agricultural trade procedures
- Session 5: Preparedness assessments in practice: methods and lessons learned
- Session 6: Group Work Session
- Session 7: Implementation case studies
- Session 8: Case studies on planning bilateral exchange of e-SPS: Approaches and lessons learnt
- Session 1: Why electronic SPS certification?
- Session 9: Beyond e-SPS automation of other certificates and licenses for the agricultural trade facilitation