The Replication Study Communication Workshop was held in Bangkok, from 4 to 8 March 2019. The six national teams joined the meeting to prepare the first draft of their replication study. The countries and project topics are:
- Bhutan – Producing Import and Export Price Indices (XMPI) in Bhutan (English)
- Cambodia – Supply Use Table and GDP Benchmarks
- Lao PDR – Statistical Law
- Maldives – Reviewing the National Statistical System of the Maldives 2020 (English)
- Myanmar – Developing a Statistical Business Register (SBR) in Myanmar (English | Burmese)
- Vietnam – Use of unit record tax data in Statistical Business Register
The workshop objectives were:
- Develop skills in written and oral communication, including presentation skills through theory, examples and practice.
- Allow national teams a dedicated block of time to prepare second and third drafts of their study with support from regional experts.
- Discuss options and modalities for presenting the studies at Asia-Pacific Economic Statistics Week.
- Develop an action plan for completing the studies and presentation materials.