Building Back Better with Sustainable Trade
Time: 1.00-2.30 GST+7, Bangkok time
Sustainability was gaining traction in the years leading up to the COVID-19 pandemic. The question now is whether the pandemic puts that progress in jeopardy.
Join us as we release the findings of the Hinrich Foundation’s 2020 Sustainable Trade Index and engage with a panel to discuss the ways in which adopting a sustainable approach to trade can help policy makers build back better in terms of economic growth, environmental protection and social capital.
This live event is co-hosted with the ESCAP Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT).
Speakers will include:
• Mia Mikic, Director, Trade, Investment and innovation Division, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP)
• Christopher Clague, Managing Editor/Global Editorial Lead, Trade and Globalization, The Economist Intelligence Unit
• Sara Elder, Senior Economist and Head, Regional Economic & Social Analysis (RESA) Unit, ILO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific
• Susan Stone, Head, Emerging Policy Issues Division, Trade and Agriculture Directorate, OECD
• Jayant Menon, Visiting Senior Fellow, ISEAS-Yusof Ishak Institute in Singapore, and former Lead Economist at the Asian Development Bank
• Stephen Olson, Research Fellow, Hinrich Foundation
Moderator: Andrew Staples, Director of Research and Outreach, Hinrich Foundation
Please register HERE.