This Forum aims to promote trade facilitation as an important component of a comprehensive strategy for national and regional development. The Forum will provide an open regional platform to exchange information, experiences and practices for trade facilitation in Asia-Pacific, identify priority areas for regional cooperation and integration, and learn about new tools and services which can increase the efficiency of cross-border transactions and ultimately improve the competitiveness of firms in the region. The Forum intends to strengthen regional cooperation and coordination of technical assistance and capacity building in trade facilitation. Participants will include government officials, traders and public and private service providers from Central Asia, South, Southeast and East Asia as well as the South Pacific.
- Session 5: Identifying Trade Facilitation Challenges and the Way Forward - Breakout/Working Group sessions
- Session 1: High-level Panel on Trade Facilitation in Asia and the Pacific
- Session 2: Making Real and Sustained Progress on Trade Facilitation: Lessons learned
- Session 3: Regional Cooperation for Trade Facilitation: Learning from and Building on Existing Initiatives
- Session 4: Traders' perspective on trade facilitation: Voices from small and large enterprises