Countries in the Asia-Pacific region have indicated they need support to ensure that data and evidence can be presented to and used by policy makers, thus taking evidence to action.
On July 11-12th 2023, Bangladesh had the first consultative meeting on Supporting Evidence to Inform Policy Outcomes in Bangladesh (or Evidence to Action (E2A)). After consultations, the priority topic selected to be the focus of the Bangladesh E2A was Child Marriage and Adolescent Pregnancy.
This National Capacity workshop, to be co-organized by Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics and ESCAP Statistics Division will engage relevant data producers and users and strengthen capacity on bridging the gap between evidence and policy / practice in the E2A cycle.
- Improved understanding of E2A processes including:
- Collaborating to identify gender-relevant priority topic area/s.
- Identifying and analysing relevant existing data on selected priority topic area/s.
- Synthesizing knowledge, identifying policy implications and articulating policy-driven messages.
- Generating knowledge products for decision-making such as policy briefs, infographics, etc.
- Targeting and disseminating knowledge product/s for decision-making.
- Generating and leveraging collaboration mechanisms for iterative and sustainable improvement and engagement through strengthened networks between data producers and users.
- Increased skills in critical E2A areas based on capacity needs identified in the consultations.