The Electronic Permit Information eXchange (EPIX) Task Force of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) was established by the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) and the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) in collaboration with the CITES Secretariat.
The aim of the Task Force is to support interested Management Authorities (MAs) and other relevant national stakeholders of CITES Parties in initiating and carrying out pilot-based and/or live electronic exchanges of CITES permits among them, which may contribute to the prevention of fraudulent use of CITES permits, facilitate legal trade and improve CITES annual report preparation and submission. The activities of the Task Force shall initially focus on electronic exchange of CITES Permits between and among MAs of CITES parties from the UNECE and/or ESCAP members.
The meetings of the EPIX Task Force will restart with the first one on 6 July 2022 after a pause since May 2021.
- Welcome of participants and adoption of the agenda
- Chair’s takeaway from the 74th Meeting of the CITES Standing Committee
- Discussion on the objective of the Task Force
- Discussion on the best ways to receive information on actual quantities of exports (tbc)
- Feasibility study for implementation of ASYCUDA eCITES solution in Mozambique (UNCTAD)
- Update on recent developments:
- CITES Secretariat
- Participating Management Authorities
- AOB & Next meeting
Participation to the meetings of EPIX Task Force is limited to the participating CITES MAs. If you are a representative of a CITES MA and interested to participate and contribute in these meetings, please reach out to [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected].