The Government of Tuvalu is developing a Tuvalu National Trade Development Strategy and plans to organize national workshops to receive feedback from various stakeholders and partners.
ESCAP, in support of the Enhanced Integrated Framework (EIF), a multilateral partnership to support least developed countries (LDCs), team and the Tuvalu Department of Trade will organize the national (inception and validation) to develop this strategy.
As a member of ESCAP and one of the three least developed countries (LDCs) in the Pacific, these workshops are expected to shape strategies in promoting economic growth and sustainable development and helping to lift more people out of poverty.
The National Trade Development Strategy aims to:
- Mainstream trade into national development strategies;
- Set up structures needed to coordinate the delivery of trade-related technical assistance; and
- Build capacity to trade, which also includes addressing critical supply-side constraints.
In this context, the objectives of this inception workshop are to:
- Provide the overview of the Pacific Trade pattern and trends;
- Identify elements of the Tuvalu National Strategy of Sustainable Development with a focus on Tuvalu Trade and Tourism; and
- Gather feedback from the stakeholders and partners.
For any questions related to this event, please send to the Secretariat at email: [email protected]