The Committee on Macroeconomic Policy, Poverty Reduction and Financing for Development addresses the following issues:
- Experiences and practices in formulating and implementing macroeconomic policies to reduce poverty and inequalities, as well as to achieve sustainable and inclusive development;
- Regional economic development policies and options;
- Financing for development, including enhancing domestic fiscal resources; increasing social impact investment by the private sector; and accessing regional financing vehicles, arrangements and funds;
- Experiences and practices in developing regulations and institutions to deepen and strengthen the region’s capital markets;
- Review of pro-poor economic growth policies, particularly in countries with special needs; and
- Policy options and programmes for reducing rural poverty, including those with a gender dimension, through the development of sustainable agriculture.