High-level Intergovernmental Meeting on the Midpoint Review of the Asian and Pacific Decade of Persons with Disabilities, 2013-2022
ESCAP, in cooperation with the China Disabled Persons’ Federation (CDPF), is organizing the High-level Intergovernmental Meeting on the Midpoint Review of the Asian and Pacific Decade of Persons with Disabilities, 2013-2022, in Beijing from 27 November to 1 December 2017.
Objectives of the Meeting are:
- To undertake a midpoint review of the progress made, including gaps and challenges, in the implementation of the Asian and Pacific Decade of Persons with Disabilities, 2013-2022, and the Incheon Strategy to “Make the Right Real” for Persons with Disabilities in Asia and the Pacific;
- To discuss the future policy direction for building disability-inclusive societies in Asia and the Pacific, bearing in mind the synergies between the Incheon Strategy and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development as well as the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities;
- To consider and adopt an outcome document to accelerate the implementation of the Incheon Strategy for the remainder of the Decade.
The Meeting will comprise two segments: (a) a senior officials segment, to be held from 27 to 29 November 2017; and (b) a ministerial segment, to be held on 30 November and 1 December 2017.
The Meeting is to be held in pursuance of the Commission resolution 69/13 of 1 May 2013 on the “Implementation of the Ministerial Declaration on the Asian and Pacific Decade of Persons with Disabilities, 2013-2022, and the Incheon Strategy to ‘Make the Right Real’ for Persons with Disabilities in Asia and the Pacific”.
The Meeting is taking place at a critical juncture when ESCAP member States and associate members are striving to build more inclusive societies at a time of global economic uncertainties and rising inequality, and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development provides a unique opportunity to “leave no one behind” in development, and to support disability-inclusive development across Asia and the Pacific.
- Information for Participants (PDF)
- Information for Participants (ePub)
- Guidelines for Country: Senior Officials
- Guidelines for Country: Ministerial Segments
- Guide for United Nations Entities / Agencies and International Organizations
- Guide for Civil Society Organization Observers
- Crowne Plaza Beijing Hotel Reservation Form
- Flight Information Form
- Tentative Programme (Chinese)