This is a list of presentations for Session B: Regional cooperation in North-East Asia for sustainable development, Session 4: Towards regional development cooperation for sustainable development in the region at North-East Asia Development Cooperation Forum held on October 31 - November 1, 2014, Seoul, the Republic of Korea.
Session B: Regional cooperation in North-East Asia for sustainable development
Session 4: Towards regional development cooperation for sustainable development in the region
With intensifying pressure on resources and its inter-linkages with socio-economic development, sustainable development has become an urgent concern. Environmental issues thus pose both challenges and opportunity for effective cooperation among NEA countries while most NEA countries have taken environmental sector as a key area of development cooperation. This session will discuss on experiences and potential areas of development cooperation in addressing environment issues.
YAMADA Shoko, Director for International Relations, JASID, and Associate Professor, Graduate School of International Development, Nagoya University
• LIM Eun Mie, Professor, Graduate School of International Studies, Ewha Womans University
• KONDOH Hisahiro, Associate Professor, Institute of Urban Innovation, Yokohama National University
• LI Linyi, International Poverty Reduction Center in China (IPRCC)
• Denis DEGTEREV, Associate Professor, Department of World Economy, Moscow State Institute for International Relations (MGIMO University)
• Charlie DOU, Renewable Energy Specialist, JKD Renewable Energy Center and Senior Advisor, China Wind Energy Association (CWEA)
• HONG Eun-Kyung, Senior Researcher, ODA Research Team, Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA)