The fourth UN Global Survey on Digital and Sustainable Trade Facilitation was initiated on 4 January 2021. Data will be collected, validated and verified from January to May 2021, and the results are planned to be published in June 2021.
The 2021 Survey is conducted on the basis of an updated questionnaire, available here – developed by the UN Regional Commissions in cooperation with UNCTAD, ICC, OECD and many other collaborating institutions. The Survey covers 58 measures in three main areas:
- “General Trade Facilitation”, referring to the implementation of selected measures under the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA);
- “Digital Trade Facilitation”, referring to the implementation of innovative, technology-driven measures aimed at enabling the use and exchange of electronic trade data and documents;
- “Sustainable Trade Facilitation”, referring to trade facilitation for SMEs, agricultural sector and women;
In addition, this year survey includes measures covering 2 more areas:
- “Trade Finance”, referring to facilitation of access to trade finance services; and
- “Trade Facilitation in Times of Crisis” on immediate and long-term measures aimed at addressing crisis and pandemic situation including the COVID-19.
The survey is led by ESCAP and jointly conducted biennially by the five United Nations Regional commissions (UNRCs) and a growing number of global and regional partners.
The 2021 Survey results will be made available on its interactive website at untfsurvey.org at the Global Launch event on 14 July 2021. For more information and to register, please visit the event page.