The ASEAN-United Nations Joint Strategic Plan of Action on Disaster Management 2016-2020 provides an overall framework of engagement between ASEAN and the United Nations. It aligns the work and activities of the United Nations with agreed priorities that support the implementation of the ASEAN Agreement on Disaster Management and Emergency Response (AADMER) Work Programme for 2016-2020. It covers all aspect of disaster risk management, including preparedness and response; risk assessment, early warning and monitoring; and prevention, mitigation, outreach and mainstreaming.
ESCAP serves as the UN lead agency on the risk awareness and assessment priority programme.
- Building resilience to drought in South-East Asia
- ESCAP’s Regional Cooperative Mechanism for Drought Monitoring and Early Warning
- Risk-Informed Development: using disaster risk information for resilience
- ASEAN High-Level Policy Dialogue on Risk Assessment, Manila, 15 September 2017
- ASEAN Dynamic Risk Assessment Guidelines and Experiences (ADAGE) : https://sites.google.com/view/adage-approach/home
- Capacity building for subseasonal-to-seasonal (S2S) prediction for South-East Asia
- ESCAP/ASEAN site