The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), in collaboration with Indonesia’s National Energy Council, will organize a high-level policy dialogue on the SDG7 roadmap for Indonesia.
ESCAP has been supporting member States to develop national SDG7 roadmaps. This support is complemented by the National Expert SDG Tool for Energy Planning (NEXSTEP) which enables policymakers to make informed policy decisions to support the achievement of the SDG7 targets as well as emission reduction targets (NDCs). Indonesia is one of the three pilot countries in this initiative.
Members of the media are invited to attend the virtual High-Level Policy Dialogue and Launch of the SDG7 Roadmap for Indonesia:
When: 1 December 2020, 10:00 – 11:30 hours (Jakarta Time)
Watch online: https://bit.ly/IDSDG7Roadmap
- Ms. Armida Salsiah Alisjahbana, United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Executive Secretary of ESCAP
- Dr (H.C.) Ir. H. Suharso Monoarfa, Minister for National Development Planning, Indonesia
- Mr. Arifin Tasrif, Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, Indonesia
- Ms. Mercy Barends, MP, Indonesia, Chair, Green Economy Caucus, Board member, Air Quality Asia
- Dr. Nuki Agya Uttama, Executive Director, ASEAN Centre for Energy
- Dr. Saleh Abdurrahaman, Senior Energy and Environmental Specialist, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources
- Ms. Valerie Julliand, UN Resident Coordinator for Indonesia