The e-learning course on trade and sustainable development goals is a self-paced training course. The course is open to anyone interested in trade and sustainable development issues. It employs a non-technical approach to build basic knowledge to understand the roles and limitations of trade and trade policy in promoting a country's achievement of the SDGs. Free certificates from the United Nations ESCAP will be available to participants who passed the module quizzes.
Develop a positive, aware, and critical attitude toward trade, trade liberalization, and globalization in contributing to sustainable development
What you will learn:
- Understand the potential role of trade that can contribute to developing countries’ achievement of the SDGs.
- Identify factors that inhibit the effective use of trade as a means of implementation.
- Be aware of cross-cutting issues that challenge the effectiveness of trade as an instrument toward the SDGs.
- Recognize the importance of the holistic policy approach as being crucial for ensuring trade is a powerful engine for inclusive growth and sustainable development.
Who are eligible:
- This course is open to anyone interested in trade, globalization, and sustainable development.
- Participants who work, study, or are interested in public policy and development will find the course particularly relevant.
- This course uses a non-technical approach to provide essential knowledge to understand how trade and globalization can bring opportunities and challenges toward sustainable development.
- This course consists of 15 modules: 4 mandatory introductory modules (A.1-A.4), 9 intermediate-level modules (B.1-B.4), and 2 modules on selected topics (C.1-C.2).
- Each module has VDO lectures, which take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. Participants can learn at their own pace.
- Participants are encouraged to study the reference materials to deepen their knowledge. Please check the list of reading materials in the references and recommended readings section.
- After completing the quizzes and achieving at least 75% scores, you will receive certificates from the United Nations ESCAP. Certificates will be sent to your registered email within 15 days:
- An e-certificate of completing the mandatory introductory-level modules after passing the quiz for Part A
- An e-certificate of completing the intermediate-level B.1modules (trade, poverty, hunger, and inclusive growth) after passing the quizzes for Part A and Part B.1
- An e-certificate of completing the intermediate-levelB.2 modules (trade, climate change, and sustainable growth) after passing the quizzes for Part A and Part B.2
- An e-certificate of completing the intermediate-level B.3 modules (trade, decent work, innovation, and responsible consumption) after passing the quizzes for Part A and Part B.3
- An e-certificate of completing the intermediate-level B.4module (trade, institutions, and cooperation) after passing the quizzes for Part A and Part B.4
- An e-certificate of completing the selected topic C.1module (trade, health, and pandemic) after passing the quizzes for Part A and Part C.1
- An e-certificate of completing the selected topic C.2 module (global value chains) after passing the quizzes for Part A and Part C.2
How to access the course:
The course is accessible via ESCAP Community platform. Please click and register HERE.
For more information, please contact: [email protected]
For other e-learning courses on trade policy, negotiation and facilitation, please click here.