The World Trade Organization (WTO) and the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) will organize the WTO/ESCAP-ARTNeT Capacity Building Workshop for Trade Research on "Empirical methods in trade: Analyzing non-tariff measures", from 12 to 16 December 2016, UNCC, Bangkok, Thailand.
The workshop aims to broaden and deepen participants’ understanding of the non-tariff measures, which have been playing an increasingly important role in trade and development. The focus will be on the use of techniques and software in calculating indicators of presence and spread of non-tariff measures as well as of empirical methods in analyzing non-tariff measures’ impact on trade, prices, production and welfare. The target participants for the workshop are researchers and analysts in government departments or institutes dealing with international economics and development areas.This is the second training workshop organized for the project "Supporting Equitable Economic Development in ASEAN: Impact of Regional Integration (AEC) on Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Viet Nam (CLMV countries)" under phase four of ARTNeT and supported by Agence Française de Développement (AFD) (http://www.afd.fr/lang/en/home).
For more information please contact [email protected].
- Presentations 1 - WTO/ESCAP-ARTNeT Capacity Building Workshop on NTMs
- Presentations 2 - WTO/ESCAP-ARTNeT Capacity Building Workshop on NTMs
- Presentations 3 - WTO/ESCAP-ARTNeT Capacity Building Workshop on NTMs
- Presentations 4 - WTO/ESCAP-ARTNeT Capacity Building Workshop on NTMs
- Presentations 5 - WTO/ESCAP-ARTNeT Capacity Building Workshop on NTMs (NTMs and CGE models)