Workshop on Strengthening Transport Operational Connectivity among Cambodia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Myanmar, Viet Nam and Thailand, 30 November - 1 December 2017
Over the past several years, countries in South-East Asia have improved their transport and logistics efficiency by taking practical actions and a better use of intermodal transport.
While such achievements are certainly noteworthy, transport facilitation efforts among Cambodia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Myanmar, Viet Nam and Thailand (CLMV-T) still face numerous challenges which include: i) lack of transport and transit rights which prevents seamless movement of vehicles across borders; ii) bottlenecks at ports that weaken the port-to-hinterland connectivity; iii) regulatory environment that do not meet international or regional standards; iv) lack of harmonization, excessive documentation requirements and duplication of procedures. All these prevent these countries from taking advantage of their geographical proximity.
The secretariat is organizing the above captioned Workshop with the following objectives: (i) to build capacity in the formulation and implementation of national transport logistics master plans including operationalizing integrated intermodal transport systems at the national level; (ii) to discuss and finalize a pilot application of secure cross border transport model and time cost distance methodology along the Vung Tau- Ho Chi Minh City- Phnom-Penh- Bangkok-Laem Chabang transport corridor; (iii) to discuss logistics information systems including port community systems; (iv) to discuss the outline of a study analyzing transport, transit and traffic rights among CLMV-T countries; and (v) to discuss ways to improve maritime transport safety in the ESCAP region as part of the sustainable transport development efforts.
- Country presentation - Cambodia - Ministry of Public Works & Transport
- Country presentation - Cambodia - Maritime
- Country presentation - Lao PDR - Road Safety Policy
- Country presentation - Myanmar - Logistics
- Country presentation - Viet Nam - Matitime
- Country presentation - Viet Nam - Dry port Development
- Country presentation - Thailand - Maritime
- Resource person - National Logistics Planning Cases
- UN ESCAP - Transport & Traffic Rights
- UN ESCAP - Maritime
- UN ESCAP - SCBM and TCD
- UN ESCAP - GA_Implementation_TCD and SCBT