Subregional preparatory meetings for the 7th APFSD
ESCAP is organizing a series of five meetings to prepare for the 7th Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development, and to advance implementation of the SDGs.
These meetings will facilitate dialogue government officials, civil society, experts and other stakeholders on the theme of the 7th APFSD. The meetings will be organized by organized by ESCAP’s subregional offices in East and North-East Asia (ENEA), South and South West Asia (SSWA), North and Central Asia (SONCA) and the Pacific (EPO).
These meetings will:
- Link regional and global discussions and agreements with subregional actions and follow up and review
- Promote dialogue on the theme among various stakeholder groups in the subregion.
- Share information on subregional implementation efforts
- Define subregional perspectives on the global theme for the 2020, ensuring that subregional perspectives are well-represented.
Targeted participants, by invitation are:
- Experts from government agencies responsible for national coordination of SDGs
- Representatives of non-government and private sector organizations
- Regional and sub-regional organizations
- Other stakeholders involved in SDG implementation at national, regional and global levels
The schedule of the meetings is as follows:
- North and Central Asia Forum on Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, 21-22 August 2019, Issky-Kul, Kyrgyzstan
- South East Asia Forum on Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, 3-4 October 2019, Bangkok, Thailand
- East and North-East Asia Multi-stakeholder Forum on Sustainable Development Goals, 15-16 October 2019, Vladivostok, Russian Federation
- Pacific Forum on Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, 21-25 October 2019, Samoa
- South and South West Asia Forum on Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, 18-22 November 2019 (TBC), Dhaka, Bangladesh
For more information, please contact: [email protected]
Civil society organizations are invited to apply to attend these meetings at https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5086994/CSO-Participation-in-Subregional-Forums-2019