Seminar on Development of Rail-based Intermodal Transport for Enhancing Euro-Asian Transport Connectivity
As part of its work to establish an international integrated intermodal transport and logistics system for the region, ESCAP is implementing a project entitled “Development of seamless rail-based intermodal transport services in Northeast and Central Asia for enhancing Euro-Asian transport linkages”. The project is being implemented with the active participation of transport officials and railway managers of China, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, the Republic of Korea and the Russian Federation.
Under the project, ESCAP has conducted two studies related to (i) the simplification of documentation, and (ii) the deployment and use of information technology for rail-based intermodal transport services, including a number of recommendations which were reviewed and adopted by the countries concerned at a subregional meeting held in Bangkok on 18-19 September 2017.
With a view to summarize the outcome of the project, ESCAP, in partnership with the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation, Russian University of Transport and Coordinating Council on Trans-Siberian Transportation, organized the Seminar on Development of Rail-based Intermodal Transport for Enhancing Euro-Asian Transport Connectivity in Moscow on 7 December 2017 as a side event to the “Transport Week-2017” organized by the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation. The Seminar discussed the way forward towards implementing the recommendations of the study, in particular those relating to the exchange of electronic data among intermodal transport operators to enhance intermodal transport services along the corridors connecting countries of Northeast and Central Asia to Europe.
- ESCAP Presentation (English)
- ESCAP Presentation (Russian)
- Participant presentation - CCTS
- Participant presentation - CCTT
- Participant presentation - Federal Customs Service-Russian Federation
- Participant presentation - FESCO
- Participant presentation - Intellex
- Participant presentation - Korean Transport Institute
- Participant presentation - National Railway Administration PRC
- Participant presentation - OSJD (English)
- Participant presentation - OSJD (Russian)
- Participant presentation - RUT-MIIT
- Participant presentation - RUT-MIIT2
- Participant presentation - SIGIS
- Participant presentation - TransContainer
- Participant presentation - UNECE