Regional Event on Financing Sustainable Infrastructure Development in Asia and the Pacific
Recognizing the importance of infrastructure development for achieving the goals of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, ESCAP is supporting its member States in mobilizing domestic and international resources for this purpose. As part of this continuous effort, ESCAP has been working over the last few years with countries in the region to design different infrastructure financing strategies.
This regional event will provide a platform for policy debate and knowledge exchange among participants regarding these financing strategies. It will also enable participants to present country-specific perspectives on these issues while reaching consensus on good practices for sustainable infrastructure development.
Overall, the regional workshop aims to increase knowledge and awareness of financing sources and modalities in areas of infrastructure finance. The workshop will also build the capacity of government officials and policymakers to prepare financing strategies for sustainable infrastructure development with a specific focus on public-private partnerships (PPPs) and capital market financing. The event will also consider how to strengthen a network of PPP and infrastructure financing experts that will enable further collaboration on these issues.
This event takes place alongside the ESCAP’s intergovernmental Committee on Macro Economic Policy, Poverty Reduction and Financing for Development (http://www.unescap.org/events/CMPF1)
- Public-Private Partnerships for Sustainable Development in Asia and the Pacific
- Tapping Capital Markets and Institutional Investors for Infrastructure Development
- Financing the SDGs in the Pacific Islands - Opportunities, Challenges and Ways Forward
- Georgia - National Study on Infrastructure Financing Strategies
- Nepal - National Study on Infrastructure Financing Strategies
- Philippines - National Study on Infrastructure Financing Strategies
- Samoa - National Study on Infrastructure Financing Strategies
- Viet Nam - National Study on Infrastructure Financing Strategies