Expert Group Meeting on Strengthening transport connectivity between the Republic of Korea and Europe through the Eurasian Transport Corridors
Seamless transport and logistics connectivity between the Republic of Korea and Europe, through the Eurasian Transport Corridors, will enhance trade exchanges and socio-economic development, benefiting local communities of all countries along the corridors. In line with ESCAP’s objective to strengthen the intra- and inter-regional transport connectivity, the secretariat is undertaking a study project on “Strengthening transport connectivity between the Republic of Korea and Europe through the Eurasian Transport Corridors”.
The study project aims to (i) identify appropriate corridors/routes to enhance linkages between the Republic of Korea and Europe through the Eurasian Transport Corridors; (ii) identify infrastructure network and operational status, including missing links and operational gaps along the corridors; and (iii) develop policy recommendations to strengthen the efficiency and effectiveness of transport and logistics connectivity along the corridors.
In this context, ESCAP is organizing an Expert Group Meeting in Beijing on the 28th of February to share preliminary study findings and discuss way forward to strengthen the connectivity between the Republic of Korea and Europe through the Eurasian Transport Corridors.
For more information, please contact Mr. Edouard Chong (e-mail: [email protected]), Economic Affairs Officer of the ESCAP Transport Division.
- 1 UN ESCAP - Overview of infrastructure and operational status along the Eurasian Transport Corridors
- 2 UN ESCAP - Financing Options for infrastructure development and UNESCAP Transport Facilitation Tools
- 3 UN ESCAP - Institutional Mechanisms and Legal Instruments
- 4 KORAIL - Effort and Expected Effects on Connecting Railway
- 5 GTI - Overview of GTI’s activities in Transport
- 6 GTI - NEA Integrated Logistics Network (Study Proposal)
- 7 TPRI - Promoting the key project construction_Strengthening Asia-Europe connectivity
- 8 MoT Russian Federation - Perspective Development of Euro-Asian Transport Links
- 9 JSC Russian Railways – The bridge between Republic of Korea and Europe
- 10 SJ Logistics - Eurasia Landbridge
- 11 WTI - Intermodal and Trans-China Route
- 12 RIOH - Enhance the Logistics information sharing promotion
- 13 UN ESCAP - Intermodal transport
- 14 GIZ - Trade and Transport Facilitation Alongside Transport Corridors GIZ Approaches for Regional Cooperation