Expert Group Meeting on Enhancing Efficiency of Selected Intermodal Transport Corridors in Asia
With a view to strengthen the national capacities of target stakeholders in ESCAP member countries to cooperate in support of intermodal transport corridor management and transport connectivity between Asia and Europe, ESCAP secretariat is implementing a project entitled “Enhancing efficiency of intermodal transport operations in Asia through developing coordination arrangements in support of balanced economic, social and environmental impacts” which is funded by the Russian Federation.
Under the project the secretariat has conducted a comparative study with an aim to further design and propose options for institutional arrangements on management of one or several of the four following existing or potential intermodal transport corridors: (i) Republic of Korea – China – Central Asia – Russian Federation – further to Europe, (ii) ASEAN member states – China – Russian Federation - further to Europe [potential corridor], (iii) India – Islamic Republic of Iran – Azerbaijan – Russian Federation («North – South International Transport Corridor»), and (iv) China – Mongolia – Russian Federation.
ESCAP is organizing the above-captioned Expert Group Meeting on Enhancing Efficiency of Selected Intermodal Transport Corridors in Asia to be held at the United Nations Conference Centre, Bangkok, Thailand, from 26 to 27 June 2019 with an objective to discuss and review the findings of the study and assess the possible follow-up steps in developing management arrangements for transport corridors covered by the project.
- 1. Importance of transport corridors for LLDCs - UN-OHRLLS
- 2. ESCAP project on management arrangements for selected intermodal transport corridors in Asia - ESCAP
- 3. ESCAP’s recent projects and initiatives related to transport corridor development - ESCAP
- 4. Report of the study on the comparison of existing and potential intermodal transport corridors in Asia - ESCAP
- 5. Rising Expectation of the International North-South Transport Corridor to be a Mainstay of Regional Connectivity - AITD
- 6. Proposed studies on terminology and legal frameworks for multimodal transport operations - Russian University of Transport
- 7. Considerations on the use of terminology for “multimodal” transport operations - ESCAP
- 8. Country presentation - Azerbaijan
- 9. Country presentation - India
- 10 Iran.PDF
- 11. Country presentation - Mongolia
- 12. Country presentation - Russian Federation
- 13. Country presentation - Thailand
- 14 ROK-KMI.PDF
- 15. Country presentation - Viet Nam
- 16. Meeting report