ESCAP-Embassy of Sweden Second Regional Workshop “Empowering people for a sustainable future”
A regional workshop, jointly organized by ESCAP and the Embassy of Sweden in Thailand, will highlight the importance of participation and empowerment in achieving more sustainable and inclusive societies.
The workshop on March 25-26, 2019 in the United Nations Conference Center in Bangkok will be held as a pre-event to the Sixth Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development (APFSD) which will highlight regional and subregional perspectives on the theme of the high-level political forum in 2019, "Empowering people and ensuring inclusiveness and equality". The 2019 ESCAP-Embassy of Sweden Regional Workshop will bring together civil society organizations, governments, private sector, academia, and other interested stakeholders to discuss the impacts and value of empowerment, including public participation on strengthening implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Asia and the Pacific.
The purpose of the workshop is to increase the knowledge of all stakeholders on the situation regarding empowerment and public participation and their impacts on development outcomes and to foster regional dialogue and cooperation around these critical issues. The workshop will have two objectives:
1. To develop a shared understanding on the impacts and value of empowerment, including through public participation, for strengthening implementation of the SDGs with an emphasis on the environment related goals;
2. To discuss and identify incentives on how participation will improve interventions for sustainable development.
We welcome all participants in this year’s workshop to be actively engaged to find paths to jointly deliver effectively on their goals, the 2030 Agenda and to foster participatory approaches to ensure more inclusive and equal societies.
To register please click: https://meetings.unescap.org/events/sida2019/
More information on the programme and logistics will be uploaded soon.
For information on the Sixth Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development (APFSD) please visit the following link:
- Session 1_Workshop Objectives.pdf
- Session 2_Call for case studies.pdf
- Session 2_Cham Perez_CWR.pdf
- Session 2_Greening the UN.pdf
- Session 2_Lorenzo Urbinati_Forum Asia.pdf
- Session 2_Bo Bo Min_MCCA.pdf
- Session 3.1_Anne-Karin Jatfors_UN Women.pdf
- Session 3.1_Participation for the 2030 Agenda.pdf
- Session 3.2_ Participation and its importance for LNOB.pdf
- Session 3.2_Gam Shimray AIPP.pdf
- Session 3.3_Hitomi Rankine and Arun Jacob_ESCAP.pdf
- Session 3.3_Strategies and dimensions of participation.pdf
- Session 3.3_Victoria de Mello_UNDP.pdf
- Session 3.4_Helena Olsson and Victor Bernard_RWI.pdf
- Session 3.4_Interconnected nature of Participantion and SDGs.pdf
- Session 3.4_Lisa Guppy_UN Environment.pdf
- Session 5.1_SDG2.pdf
- Session 5.2_Clemens Grunbuhel_SEI.pdf
- Session 5.2_Jyotiraj Patra_Oxfam.pdf
- Session 5.2_SDG 6.pdf
- Session 5.3_SDG 13.pdf
- Session 5.3_Stefanos Fotiou_ESCAP.pdf
- Session 5.4_SDG 15.pdf
- Session 5.4_Warangkana Rattanarat_RECOFTC.pdf