Development Account Project on Addressing the Transboundary Dimensions of the 2030 Agenda through Regional Economic Cooperation and Integration in Asia and the Pacific: Subregional Inception Meeting
The Development Account project is a multi-disciplinary project spanning over four years, from 2018 – 2021. The objective of the project is to strengthen capacity of selected countries to develop sustainable and inclusive policies and mechanisms for trans-boundary infrastructure connectivity within the context of 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The project will bring cross-sectoral aspects and build upon existing sub-regional and regional platforms to assess connectivity deficits along selected major regional connectivity corridors, with a view to enhancing inclusive and sustainable access to electricity, transport and ICT. Additionally, the project aims to integrate cross-sectoral dimensions of gender mainstreaming, disaster risk reduction and viable financing for sustainable infrastructure development.
The target countries are Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Mongolia while other participating countries include China and the Russian Federation.
The activities under this project include transboundary and national multi-sectoral assessments and gap analysis based on countries’ priorities, development of guidelines and training materials, workshops, as well as dissemination of analyses and findings to a wide audience.
As a first step in this project, a three-day inception meeting is scheduled from 2 to 4 October 2018 in Almaty, Kazakhstan, in collaboration with ESCAP’s Subregional Offices.
The objectives of the inception meeting are to:
• Introduce the project objectives and activities, implementation schedule and approach to the nominated focal points in the target and participating countries,
• Review the proposed project activities and ensure that they are in line with national priorities and needs, and
• Take stock of progress and development in the energy, ICT, and transport sectors through the sharing of knowledge and good practices among policy makers from the target and participating countries.
- Cost-benefit analysis of fOC with Asian Highway_0.pdf
- A study of ICT connectity for the BRI_Enhancing the collaboration in China-Central Asia Corridor.pdf
- Development of ICT Infrastructure Connectivity in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Mongolia.pdf
- Development of Multi-Hazard Risk Assessment for Central and East Asian Countries in the Asia Pacific Region_0_0.pdf
- e-Resilience A Review of National Broadband Policies, Regulations, Strategies and Initiatives of China, Japan and the Republic of Korea_0.pdf
- Co-deployment of Optical Fibre Cables along the Asian Highways and Trans-Asian for E-resilience the cases of India and Bangladesh Railways.pdf
- Meeting report.pdf
- Addressing the Transboundary Dimensions of the 2030 Agenda through Regional Economic Cooperation and Integration.pdf
- Building Infrastructure Synergies Through ICT, Infrastructure Development.pdf
- Building Disaster Resilience in Energy Transport and ICT Sectors in Central Asia_0.pdf
- Risk Metrics for Disaster and Climate Risk Informed Investments, Ingeniar_0.pdf
- Preparation and Planning for Co-Deployment of Power and ICT for Central and East Asian countries in the Asia Pacific region_0.pdf
- Infrastructure Financing in Asia and the Pacific.pdf
- Co-Deployment for Sustainable Connectivity, Combining Power and ICTs.pdf
- Social Inclusion.pdf
- Transport Connectivity.pdf
- Infrastructure Financing, Existing Policy Initiatives and Ways Forward.pdf
- Project Activities and Outcomes, Disaster Risk Reduction.pdf
- Russian Translation, Results of Implementation of The Project, Disaster Risk Reduction.pdf
- Project Activities and Outcomes, ICT energy and transport.pdf
- Russian Translation, Project Activities and Outcomes ICT Energy and Transport.pdf
- Consolidated Slides rev.pdf
- Chinese International Optical Cable Interconnection and Proposal for this Project, CAICT.pdf
- Addressing the Transboundary Dimensions of the 2030 Agenda through Regional Economic Cooperation and Int.pdf
- Kyrgyz Republic Challenges, Opportunities, and Perspectives on the ESCAP’s project implementation.pdf
- Kyrgyzstan_Russian version of the presentation.pdf
- Group Work & Discussion Mongolia.pdf