CSO Engagement 2018
The ESCAP secretariat is organizing several events and producing several knowledge products between now and the 2019 Asia-Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development (APFSD). Civil society’s perspectives and contributions related to the themes of the 2019 High-Level Political Forum on sustainable development (HLPF) and the APFSD, to the cluster of goals and the follow-up and review process will ensure that due attention is paid to the right issues and that there is more awareness and understanding of the realities faced by different constituencies.
Civil society colleagues are invited to review the opportunities below and pre-register their interest to participate.
Subregional Forums on the SDGs (September 2018)
- These subregional meetings are convened as platform for exchange of experiences and ideas on 2030 Agenda implementation; to link regional and global deliberations with subregional action; to boost subregional cooperation; and also support national implementation efforts.
- These meetings will start the region’s thinking on the theme for the next APFSD/HLPF, and will also consider other issues and processes (such as inequality or migration), depending on priorities in the subregion.
- These meetings will also discuss the cluster of goals that will be the focus of the 2019 HLPF – SDG 4 on Education, SDG 8 on Economic Growth, SDG 10 on Inequality, SDG 13 on Climate Change, SDG 16 on Peace and Justice and SDG 17 on the means of implementation and partnerships for development.
- The schedule of the meetings is as follows:
- 3-4 September 2018 North and Central Asia Forum on Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, Tbilisi, Georgia
- 5-6 September 2018 North-East Asian Multi-stakeholder Forum on Sustainable Development Goals, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- 11-12 September 2018 South East Asia Forum on Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, Bangkok, Thailand
- 24-25 September 2018 Pacific Forum on Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (+3 days VNR workshopin cooperation with UN DESA), Nadi, Fiji
- 4-5 October 2018 South and South West Asia Forum on Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, New Delhi, India
- We are seeking participation from interested and experienced experts working on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda, with priority given to those with a proven track record of experience in supporting the theme and the cluster of goals under review, in the subregion.
- Please apply to participate in the sub-regional forum most relevant to your work and location, by clicking here: https://goo.gl/vvZy7p
- More information on call for participation for the North East Asia Multistakeholder Forum on Sustainable Development Goals (5-6 September, Ulaanbatar) can be accessed here. Applications can be sent via this form (especially for those who may have difficulty to access the online form).