Capacity building workshop on Gender Policy-Data Integration in Armenia
The capacity building workshop was organized by UNESCAP in collaboration with the Statistical Committee of the Republic of Armenia. It was a follow-up to the regional Inception Workshop of the Gender Policy-Data Integration Initiative (GPDI), held in Bangkok in April 2018. The GPDI’s objective is to strengthen data and statistics in the ESCAP region for evidence-based policies and programmes on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
The workshop aimed to:
- enhance understanding of data and information needs, including disaggregation requirements, through content analysis of selected policy documents on women’s economic empowerment (WEE);
- develop a framework to produce a comprehensive national indicator set on WEE based on existing national, regional and global indicator frameworks;
- promote the use of statistical data to determine future policy priorities and outcomes; and
- lay foundations for structured dialogue between data producers and users to promote evidence-based policies on gender equality and women’s empowerment in Armenia.
Along with the Statistical Committee, key line ministries involved in women’s empowerment issues and national agencies participated to the workshop.
- Strengthening data and statistics for evidence-based policies and programmes to achieve gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Connecting policy and data for gender equality and women’s empowerment (GEWE)
- Data landscape on gender equality and women's economic empowerment in Armenia (Armenian)
- Introduction to the generic Policy-Data Integration tool (EPIC)
- Results and lessons learned from the application of the EPIC tool during the Inception Workshop (Armenian)
- Application of the generic Policy-Data Integration tool (EPIC) – Step-by-step approach
- Experience and lessons learned from the application of the EPIC tool in the Philippines
- Toward the development of a comprehensive national set of indicators on WEE
- Understand indicator types/classification
- Group work results and lessons learned, Group 1
- Group work results and lessons learned, Group 2