The Asia-Pacific Intergovernmental Meeting on HIV and AIDS was convened by ESCAP, in cooperation with UNAIDS, UNDP and other relevant United Nations entities, from 28 to 30 January 2015 at the United Nations Conference Center in Bangkok. The Meeting was convened in pursuance of the 2011 Political Declaration on HIV and AIDS: Intensifying Our Efforts to Eliminate HIV and AIDS, which mandates the regional commissions to conduct periodic, inclusive reviews of national efforts and progress to combat HIV, and in accordance with the ESCAP Roadmap to 2015 endorsed by the 2012 Asia-Pacific High-Level Intergovernmental Meeting on the Assessment of Progress against Commitments in the Political Declaration on HIV/AIDS and the Millennium Development Goals.
Questionnaire on the implementation of commitments made under Commission resolutions 66/10 and 67/9
Objectives of the Meeting
The Meeting provided ESCAP members and associate members with the opportunity:
- To assess national progress and to exchange multi-sectoral experiences in meeting the commitments contained in the 2011 Political Declaration on HIV and AIDS and in ESCAP resolutions 66/10 and 67/9;
- To evaluate the outcomes of national reviews of policy and legal barriers to universal access to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support in pursuance of ESCAP resolution 67/9 and consider enhancing regional cooperation; and
- To review measures to enhance the financial sustainability and effectiveness of HIV and AIDS responses.
Information for Participants (E/ESCAP/HIV/IGM.2/INF/1)
Tentative Programme (E/ESCAP/HIV/IGM.2/INF/3)
Guidelines for Government Delegates
Guidelines for Civil Society Observers
Overview of good practices in conducting national reviews and consultations on policy and legal barriers to universal access to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support in Asia and the Pacific(E/ESCAP/HIV/IGM.2/2)
Guidance Document on Creating Enabling Legal Environments
Following the meeting delegates who attended filled out questionnaires regarding the session. A summary of the results is available for download.
- Report of the Asia-Pacific Intergovernmental Meeting on HIV and AIDS
- Report of the Asia-Pacific Intergovernmental Meeting on HIV and AIDS (booklet form)